Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Sad, Sad Post

So I finished the left front, I finished the back, and have just finished increasing for the right arm. I sewed up the seam on the left arm and back and tried it on and...

It's just not going to work. Not in this yarn. Not at this gauge. Not in this size. My yarn, Peruvian Collection Sierra Aran from Elann, is lovely. It's soft. It's way too soft. I underestimated the quality of this yarn, for the price. I figured the finished object would be much more stiff. My poor Sunrise is just a floppy pile of flop. It doesn't do the design justice. So I'm gonna rip it.

I know I'll return to this pattern, I think I bought my yarn the day I saw it. It's so beautiful. I just have to find a different yarn for it. Maybe I'll splurge and do it in the recommended yarn? We'll see.

Back to the drawing board.

4 Comments:

At 3:11 AM, Blogger knitannie said...

I'm so sorry. I hope you find the inspiration to come back to it. And look on the bright side, at least you have some gorgeous yarn for another project.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Katy said...

Oh--major bummer.
I hope you can knit it in a new yarn at some point!

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger MadDog Knitting said...

Oh No....tell me it isn't true. I am using Peruvian Sierra Aran also but I haven't blocked or put together any parts. I am just about to finish the right front [left front already finished but not hemmed]. I am hoping to do the back this week.

Hopefully mine won't be all floppy.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger al said...

maddog, what size needles are you using? iw as using 7 despite the gauge being a little smaller than the pattern called for, i shoulod have used a 5 or 6, knit a size or two bigger, and bought more yarn, but im not going to!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home