Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Got gauge this time ...


Sunrise Circle 2nd attempt
Originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.
... well, near enough.

4" = 18.5 sts and 27 rows on 4mm needles with Cleckheaton Country Silk 8ply. I'm starting with the left sleeve. I'm knitting the 45" size but I've added in some extra stitches so that the sleeve is not so snug. I plan to compensate for the extra stitches by adding in raglan decreases on the rows where they've been omitted in the pattern. That way I should end up with the right number of stitches and rows by the end of the piece.

2 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Blogger Veronica said...

Oh that is gorgeous yarn - yummy colour! Can't wait to see how it all knits up.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Katy said...

Your yarn is a gorgeous color!
My only suggestion is to make sure that you wash your swatch and see how it does; silk does not have as much "memory" as wool, and it may stretch out some, like cotton.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home