Thursday, April 20, 2006

DONE...now for the buttons

Another Sunrise finished EXCEPT the buttons. I have buttons picked out and enough yarn left over for the loops [probably just barely] all I need is TIME.

I love the way the jacket turned out. I used Peruvian Collection Sierra Aran, row gauge was a bit off [24 rows instead of 28]and it made a lighter jacket. That will probably be just fine as I am in So. Cal. and it never really gets cold. Turns out that there is enough body to hold the curve shape.

I do have one problem....the sleeves are about 2" too long. I am reviewing my options, I'm thinking about if it is possible to un-knit from the cast-on edge up to the correct length. Maybe, but I have further complicated matters by doing a beautiful job on knitting the hem in. Anyone have any good suggestions?????

No pictures yet, got to get the buttons on - then it is modeling time.

1 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

I have unknit sleeves from the cast on edge. Very tedious to unpick it all, but doable. BUT, I didn't have to hem after doing it. I just cast it off and left it like that. (they had a little flare and looked fine) Just wanted you to know it works! Probably will be easier on this sweater since it's stockinette; mine was rib!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home